iOS AppStore Friendly
Quickly deploy your text based training module to the AppStore.
Just update the Config file with your specific values and recompile.
Chart their Progress
Chart their progress at the end of each separate learning activity.
Easy to read Objective-C Code is clean and heavily commented.
Choose either a scrolling icon view or a scrolling list view for your primary navigation. The icons as well as their text titles are easily updatable via the configuration file. No need to dig through any code to make any changes, just add your new icon images into the project and update the configuration file with the new image name and your specific activity titles. Then just build and run.
The configuration file is where you'll do 90% of the configuration for your App. There is where you'll define the specific JSON file, icon and activity title for each of your specific activities. You can also adjust the default text copy, font colors and sizes, as well as the individual sounds for click, correct and incorrect answers. It's also iPad and iPhone compatible.
All of the questions are displayed in a scrollable content area along with the specific activity name and icon, and the flexibility of the quiz engine will adjust for the different number of possible answers on a question-by-question basis. At the end of each activity, the user will be also be shown a graph view of their last activity as well as those specific scores.
I prefer to learn from people who are a whole lot smarter than me. Why reinvent the wheel when you don't have to? Like many of you, I started a few earlier coding projects by purchasing a relatively "turn-key" template from another developer as a starting point. I find this approach is very beneficial for those new to iOS development as it really helps you see how other professionals in the industry are breaking down the particular production elements and structuring their code. A lot of advanced projects can seem very daunting at first when you don't know how to break it down into their respective elements and build it brick-by-brick.
Once I starting breaking apart that developer's code and seeing how it all went together, I saw places where I thought it needed improvement, or in some situtations features that I didn't think were needed at all. So from there I went about cleaning, modifying, adjusting, tweeking ... just like many of you will most likely do with the code that I have here ... in the never ending process of creating the better mousetrap.
What I created here is a beautifully designed, elegantly intuitive, highly customizable, iPhone and iPad compliant quizzing engine that can be quickly modified to create any number of text-based interactive multiple-choice quizes for both Corporate and Educational environments. There's no server side requirements. It's as easy as creating your own unique question sets (using the included JSON creation App), updating the neccesary parameters in the configuration file, and changing the appropriate quiz icons - then just recompile and your off! Use your new App as a training aid, interactive flash cards or create a great randomizing study tool. The feature set is simplified, which makes the customization easier and the user experience very clean.
- Fire-tested on iOS version 8.0 - 9.3
- An extremely flexible; text-based multiple-choice questions can have essentially any number of possible answers.
- An easily editable configuration.plist file which requires only basic programming skills.
- Includes a standalone JSON creation utility specifically created for this App.
- Allows you to include virtually any number of question sets.
- Designed for both portrait and landscape displays, on both iPhone and iPads.
- Meets with Apple's UI Guidelines and Coding standards.
What you get:
- A complete XCode project written entirely in Objective-C.
- A 3-page, graphical instruction guide detailing how the configuration.plist file applies to your final App.
- A well documented code base that should help even the beginning coder understand how it all fits together.
- A cleanly organized storyboard file that breaks up all the screens into their logical layouts.
- All the necessary Photoshop PSD files for both the interface and the icons.
- A Standalone desktop XCode App used to help create the supporting JSON files used for the questions.
- I also includesd some audio files used throughout the demo.
What about the App License:
- Once purchased, you own it and can make any alterations or additons as you see fit. No limitations. No restrictions.
- There's no limit to the number of Apps you can create with this template, and you owe me nothing when you publish on the AppStore.
- Anything you publish on the AppStore is yours - however, let me know if you create something really cool so I can showcase your work on my end as well.
- You are allowed to use this template for an unlimited number of Apps, both personal and/or client based.
- Assumptions are made that you have both the XCode development environment and a copy of Adobe Photoshop to edit the PSD source files. I'm only providing the template code.
- If you've got any questions, please feel free to reach out to me through the contact form. It's only me on this end, but I'll do my best to assist you.